One New Years goal: Titling blogs.

I finished piecing a baby quilt today using most of the leftover rectangles from this quilt and I’m pretty happy with it. I only had enough light colored blocks to make a square quilt which I didn’t want, nor did I want to put borders on it, so I put the white blocks at the bottom. I’m hoping the quilting will complete the look I’m going for.
I also figured out a redesign for a quilt I’ve been needing to make for the last 6 months. I had made some blocks previously (enough for a wall hanging) but after having it on one of my project walls for a few weeks, I decided I didn’t like it. I think I will like this block and layout much better. Now I’m shooting to have it done by the end of March at the latest, maybe more around Valentine’s Day-ish and there is one I need to start and finish by the beginning of March as well.

I finally retrieved the last of my boxes from storage at my friend Jason’s and besides there being more boxes than I remembered (mostly books), I found a couple lovely fabrics I forgot I had. That’s always nice.I used some of those yellow and blue squares today in a rough layout on one of my project walls for a super simple on-point patchwork baby quilt.

And since I’ve mentioned it a couple times, yes, I have three project walls right now: a large freestanding one I move around that is unfortunately falling apart a bit, a couple yards of flannel hanging in the hallway, and a yard or so of flannel right by my sewing machine. It’s quite handy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *