I made another mini quilt yesterday in a feverish 5½ hours.
The company Marcus works for is called Airtype (and is the reason we moved to Winston Salem) and they had their 5 year anniversary/grand opening of their new building party last night. (They also soft launched their new website yesterday; check it out!)
I had thought for a month or so about making them a mini quilt with their logo but didn’t know how I could achieve exactly the look I was going for, I didn’t put it into action. But yesterday at work I decided it was going to happen in a simplified form so I drew it up around 11am and set to work when I got home at 1.I used Oh Fransson‘s interfacing method from Sew Mama Sew for the squares, which I especially like to use with wall hangings, as it makes everything a little stiffer. I then sewed a black and hot pink border on it before backing it with some skulls, adding a hanging sleeve in with the binding (my new favorite method),
and adding a tiny label.I wrapped it up and headed out the door, only 20 minutes late. I gave it to Bryan (the owner) and he seemed to really like it and was so grateful. I hope I find it hung up next time I’m st the office!