Reorganized.

I’ve spent the last three weeks redoing my sewing studio.  I used to have, among other things, a combination of free standing shelves and a portable project wall which have now become a rail and bracket shelving system to the ceiling, a permanent 8′ square project wall (using this tutorial), a peg board, and yarn cubes!As it turns out, drilling into nearly 100 year old brick covered in concrete is a PAIN IN THE ASS.  Even with the right tools, finally, it took 5 trips to the hardware store to get everything I needed.  I’d say it was worth all the work!The shelves are 7″ deep at the bottom and 20″ at the very top with a couple other sizes in between.  I had the cubes already and used a studio-mates’ yarn winder to re-ball all my yarn so they stack neatly.  Vinyl is rolled and stored in a large shipping tube.  I spent about $300 all told, and I’m really happy with it.

I also finished my color wheel quilt from last year’s Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts project!  I hung it high up in the small community space of the studio and I love it there.  I will take better photos of it and show it off soon.Currently, my Field Study kaleidoscope quilt is on the project wall, something I am more than ready to get back to work on!

3 thoughts on “Reorganized.

  1. Your Montessori teacher would be proud. It looks fabulous, kait. You sure love the “margarita” green like your teenage room was!

    1. The walls were actually that color when I moved in. Though I do like green, I’d rather paint it but now that seems like too much of a hassle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *