I’ve had a list for a very long time or little things I’d like to make for my studio space. With the recent organization and burst of creativity and productivity I’ve felt lately, I finally crossed a few things off.
I attempted to make a sewing machine cover a few years ago but never quite got the math right. I took another stab at it though and this time it was a breeze! I used some flying geese I’ve had for a long time for one side and an (Amy Butler?) home dec print for the other. I think I like the orange side better, it’s so cheery!
I made a set of coasters I made years ago (incorrectly, I might add) that I always hated so I just threw them out and made a few more. I used the stack-and-whack method, based on the coaster pattern from Denyse Schmidt’s Quilts but I only used 4 fabrics and cut each 5″ by 7″ (instead of 5 by 8). I wanted to pull from both the green wall and the orange sewing machine cover.
When I made an ironing board cover a year or so ago, I cut it too small but never took the time to fix it. I finally tore out the old stitching and added another channel for the rope and it fits so much better! No more coming off the board when I’m ironing fabric and pulling it towards me.