I bought this lovely Deer & Doe pattern recently and got right to making it. (Warning: Here comes a lot of pictures! They are a little washed out but oh well.)
For the first one, I used a red fabric I got from a friend a while back.
It might be a rayon or perhaps it’s a cotton linen? It’s slinky and ended up being hard to work with but I’m still happy with the results. I made this one just like the instructions say, making my own bias tape and using the cutout neckline option, but using french seams for the sides.
I dug through my grandmother’s button box and used some beautiful Mother of Pearl buttons on the back.
For the second one, I used an eyelet/lace I’ve had for a long time and one of my favorite prints from Sarah Watson’s Indian Summer collection that I got at The Little General.
Instead of lining the upper bodice, I used store bought bias binding for the neckline and arm holes and french seams everywhere (my new favorite thing).
I, once again, dug through my button box and used four nice wooden ones.
Riding the excitement of finishing my second, I got right to the third.
I used Empress in coral from Joel Dewberry’s Bungalow and Sinister Swarm in flour voile from Anna Maria Horner’s Field Study and lined the upper bodice with a nude colored lining fabric.
I lengthened it by 7″ and inverted the curve on the front.
I used 7 assorted mother of pearl buttons from the box.
I love all of my new Datura blouses! I’d still like to try one with the collar, some cap sleeves, and maybe one lengthened to a dress with a little shirring. So many possibilities!