I really like the front yoke that comes to a point and the scalloped hemline.
I found the hem facing had a tendency to flip down, so I made my first attempt at a blind hem. I did… okay. It probably would have been better with a different color thread.
I pulled out the pattern the other night and noticed that based on my measurements, I’d graded the pattern and cut the waist at a size 44 and the hips and hem at 42. I think I should have just gone 42 all the way, especially using a stretch chambray like I did. Hence, the safety pinned gather on the back.
And while I like high-waisted bottoms, these seem a little bit too high. The pattern includes a mid-waist option, so maybe somewhere in between would be better. I also wish the front pockets were deeper, which I’m finding is a trend.
I used a voile for the lining and serged all inside seams. I might try to undo part of the lining and take in the waist to achieve a better fit.
On another note, I’m so happy that it’s bike riding weather. I love this gal!