This quilt was made from all the leftovers of the Red White & Black Monster. I wanted the pinwheels to look like they were falling so I carried the same quilting onto the white bottom but I don’t think I quite achieved the look. It’s backed with leftover squares and scraps from my stash, it’s quilted with red and white swirls on the pinwheels of coordinating colors, and it’s bound in a small white on red dot. It was bought by my friend Matt for his baby niece.
Completed 11 May.
This quilt began years before as a simple patchwork pattern but after putting it away for a long time, I brought the squares back out I decided it’d be much more interesting as a zigzag quilt, a pattern I’d long wanted to do. The fabrics were bought so long ago I don’t remember where they came from, it is backed with blue flannel, some leftover blocks, and a fussy cut square of each character. It’s quilted in a crosshatch pattern in light blue thread and bound in a tan speck. It was bought by my friend Ty for his baby niece.
Completed 07 March.
This was my first commission, made for a friend of ours in Vandaveer, his wife, and their first baby. He gave me complete creative control and after seeing a quilt like this in blogland I knew I wanted to make it. The patterned fabric is a charm pack of American Jane Snippets, the solid is Kona cotton in Snow, and it’s backed with a green flannel and a couple leftover blocks. It is quilted with a stippled pattern in white thread, the border has chunky rainbow hand stitching, and it’s bound in white.
Completed 20 February.
The turquoise sugar skull fabric, which I later learned to be an Alexander Henry print, was possibly my first online fabric purchase. It was a fat quarter and I based the coloring of the quilt around it. I improvised the layout of the blocks and backed it with a colorful dotted and a pale green flannel and some leftover solids. It’s quilted in a small pebble pattern and bound in white.
This was made from an Amy Butler pattern and based around a couple of sugar skull fat quarters I had that came with the aforementioned turquoise colorway. The circles are fused on with Heat’n’Bond, something I definitely would do differently now, so they are a little stiff. The solids were from my stash and it is backed with a solid white. It’s quilted with a flower design in each circle, leaves in the white corners, echo quilting in the diamonds with white thread, and it is bound in white.
Completed 09 February.
This was made for my good friend Chris and his wife when they bought their first house together in Minneapolis. It’s one of my favorites. I made all the houses from my stash, surrounded it and backed it with solid white. It’s quilted in an angular meandering pattern with house outlines in the blank spaces, it is bound with scraps and has a hanging sleeve.
Completed 07 January.